This is a website for people interested in books
or papers by Danny Dorling of the University of Oxford, but who are put off by long lists. It provides links to on-line material for many of his books, sample chapters, graphics and data files. It shows what is new and provides a repository of what is old.
In the publications section, each publication or book is shown alongside two related publications. Switch to view one of those two related publications, and a link is shown back to the first publication, but a third new piece of writing is revealed. The website can be navigated in this way in an infinite loop, or can be searched for keywords using the box top right. There is also a short biography and CV of Danny, his upcoming public talks and recordings of past talks, some video clips, and a list of links to websites that relate to Danny’s work.
Most recent updates from the news section:
What is happening with Brexit? Why is it happening and what are the reasons behind the reasons for how the British are behaving?
The UK has fallen down the rankings significantly … for life expectancy at birth. In the most recent two years ONS has reported statistically significant increases in infant mortality across England for all infants.
We gave people a choice, back in 2016 between carrying on with David Cameron, with life as it was, crap as it was, or a unicorn. The unicorn was Leave. The unicorn was a promise: “Leave and everything will get better”.
Came here by mistake?
Here is the Exit
Danny’s Twitter News
- Upcoming events
Discover Danny's Website
- How only some rich countries recently set out to become more unequal
- Health impacts of an environmental disaster
- Visualizing variation in mortality rates across the life course and by sex, USA and comparator States, 1933-2010
- Review: The House of Commons: An Anthropology of MPs at Work
- Global academy bends to the winds of demographic change
- Poverty in the old industrial regions: a comparative view